JR101: 2 Days/1 Night River Kwai Delight plus Dawn Service at Hellfire Pass
Attraction: Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, Bridge over the River Kwai, Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Mon Tribal Village, Mon Dance, Dawn Service at Hellfire Pass Memorial, Death Railway train
24 April 2014 (L,D)
06.00–06.30 Pick up from major hotels in Bangkok Downtown Area.
Depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok)
09.00 Visit Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air-conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience.
Visit Allied War Cemetery, resting-place for more than 6,000 Allied prisoners of war (POWs).
Visit the world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.07.00
12.00 Take a long–tailed boat on River Kwai to River Kwai Jungle Rafts. Check–in and have Lunch upon arrival.
14.45 Visit nearby ethnic Mon Tribal Village and jungle trekking
19.00 Dinner followed by a 45-minute presentation of Mon Dance
Overnight at River Kwai Jungle Rafts
25 April 2014 (B,L)
04.00 Take a boat trip to the pier and continue on road to Hellfire Pass Memorial
05.00 Arrive at Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum. Walk down into Konyu Cutting
05.30-06.00 Dawn Service in Konyu Cutting
On completion of the Dawn Service in Konyu Cutting enjoy a complimentary tea / coffee with traditional ANZAC Biscuits and Bundaberg Rum at Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
07.00 Return to Jungle Raft
11.40 Lunch at local restaurant.
13.00 Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs
14.30 Journey back to Bangkok.
18.00 Arrive at Bangkok and transfer to hotels.
- 1 night accommodation at River Kwai Jungle Rafts
- Meals as indicated in the tour program
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation as joined up basis
- Admission Fee to all places indicated in the program.
- Personal expenses such as drinks, snacks and tips
- Other services not mentioned
- Deviations of tour programs or time given in the program may sometimes necessary depending on traffic condition and any uncontrollable circumstances
- Any rejection of meals or tour program is non-refundable
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- * Although the tour is scheduled to arrive Bangkok around 06.30 PM, under some unpredictable traffic circumstances, it may take longer hours to get back Bangkok. Please kindly aware of this situation when planning your trip.
- ** PICK UP & DROP OFF locations MUST be indicated in the process of booking or via email through our contact form on this website at least 24 hours before the tour date. This is due to the arrangement of coach capacity for each trip.
Price per person: 6,800 Baht
Single Supplement: 700 Baht