All guest rooms (~ 28 sq.m.) are actually floating right on a fast flowing historic river, River Kwai. River Kwai Jungle Rafts is an authentic relaxing getaway. This floatel desires to bring you to get close to the nature; get back to the basics and learn the culture. The floating accommodation is well decorated with the concept of Mon traditional housing. In-room furniture are also designed and made here by Mon local villagers. While staying at the floating wooden raft, you will feel closer to the nature and abandon all the busy things behind.
At night, instead of using electricity, we use wick lamps for lighting to conserve the natural surroundings and concept. The light from the lamps wonderfully awards the romantic ambience at night. The accommodation raft has it is owned eco cooling by the river running underneath. You will be one of a few people who experiences living and sleeping on the world’s historic River Kwai.
In every evening, a Mon villager will place a couple of kerosene lamps in front of your room every evening for using in your room and bathroom. Every room appoints a balcony with a local made hammock at the back of the guestroom and a shared terrace with the hammock and bamboo pier in the front. Your bathroom is a standard hotel bathroom. We install a septic tank under the toilet so that there is no waste dropped into the river but will be sanitized properly. living and sleeping on the world’s historic River Kwai.
- • Flat single room type, featuring single, twin ortriple beds
- • Family of 4 can take adjoining room. There is no connecting room.
- • Comfortably in-room shower and toilet equipped with septic tank.
- • Outdoor bamboo deck / pier with sun beds and ham mock.
- • The entire floatel does NOT use electricity but rather utilizes traditional kerosene lamps at night maintaining a true eco hideaway in nature.
- • Two complimentary bottled water
- • Comfort mattress bed, Pillow & blanket
- • Mosquito net
- • Wardrobe
- • Cloth hangers
- • Make-up & dressing table
- • Life jackets
- • Hammock
- • Hand-held fan
- • Kerosene lamp
- • Key chain torch
- • Attached Bathroom
- • Toiletries (bar soap, liquid soap, shampoo)
- • Mirror
Get away from your ordinary chair and try our relaxing hammock in front of your room or at your own private veranda. Sit back and enjoy your moments of peace amidst the lush tropical forest and lazed the afternoon away in a hammock.
Experience natural sunbathing amongst the tropical surroundings on the pier made of bamboo in front of each room. The tropical humidity potentially protects you from excessive sun exposure giving you a nice healthy skin.