JR101 2-day River Kwai Jungle Rafts
Explore Kanchanaburi’s harrowing past on 2-day, joint guided tour to Hellfire Pass and the Death Railway. Visit the region’s most important World War II sites: walk among the War Cemetery’s allied graves, then learn their stories at the Thailand-Burma Railway Center and the famous bridge across the River Kwai. Visit Hellfire Pass, where POWs died in miserable conditions, then return to Thailand’s vivid, thriving present with an evening traditional dance presentation and a visit to a rural Mon tribal village.
- 2-day River Kwai Jungle Rafts
- Thailand – Burma Railway Centre
- War Cemetery
- Bridge over the River Kwai
- Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre & Memorial Walking Trail
- Death Railway Train
- Mon Tribal Village & Temple
- Buddha Image Cave
- Tradition Mon dance
- Jungle walk to Kwai Noi view point
- Joined tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Basic accommodation in sharing twin/double floating raft during the tour.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All meals as indicated in the program (food only), starting from lunch on day 1 until lunch on day 2
- Traditional Mon dance performance at the Jungle Rafts
- All long-tailed boat transfers as described in the day-to-day description
- Admission Fee to all places indicated in the program
- Train ticket over the Death Railway
- Other services that are not outlined in the program
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities and optional tour unless otherwise stated
- Supplements for transfer for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Cost from and to general meeting point
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature or other cost not mentioned in the program
- This tour is operated on join / seat-in-coach basis with an English-speaking guide only
- Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car / mini-van / coach cannot be confirmed upon reservation. This also depends on the availability of accommodation.
- Transfers are only operated within Sukhumvit (Soi 1 - 33), Silom, Pratunam areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- The accommodation used during this tour is simple accommodation with basic amenities. This includes no air-conditioning (fan only), lack of Wi-Fi and/or warm water. Due to ecology conservation concept, the entire Jungle Rafts do not use electricity. Not wheelchair accessible.
- Any rejection of meals or tour program is non-refundable
- Deviations of the tour programs or time given may sometimes necessary depending on traffic condition or uncontrollable circumstances. The journey back to Bangkok may be later than 6 pm. Please make sure you leave ample of time when planning other trips / flights / trains after the tour
- Adult 6,750 THB per person
- Child under 12 years old 5,070 THB
- Single Supplement 1,100 THB
DAY 1 BANGKOK- KANCHANABURI - RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS 06.00-06.30 Pick up from centrally located Bangkok hotels before depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok) Morning Arrive at Kanchanaburi Visit Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned centre offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit Kanchanaburi War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place. Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs Noon Lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon Visit the Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre. The interpretive centre presents the history of the Burma-Thailand railway under chronological and thematic headings, explaining the rationale for the railway, the way in which it was constructed and the hardship experienced by those who worked on it. Then you can descend the long set of stairs behind the museum to Hellfire Pass Memorial Walking Trail following the original rail bed. Then, take a long-tailed boat from Phu Takien pier to River Kwai Jungle Rafts. Check-in upon arrival. Evening Dinner followed by a 45–minute presentation of traditional Mon Dance and overnight at River Kwai Jungle Rafts.
DAY 2 RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS – BANGKOK Morning After breakfast, head into the nearby Mon tribal village, where the Mon people have lived for generations. Visit the Golden Rock, Buddha image cave and village school. Take a short walk on easy jungle trail along the River bank to get to the stunning viewpoint of River Kwai 11.00 Check-out and take a long-tailed boat to Phu Takien pier and proceed to have lunch at local restaurant 13.00 Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs 14.30 Journey back to Bangkok 18.00 Arrive at Bangkok and transfer to hotels.